Patch 8.3 – Vision of N’zoth the Third major patch of Battle for Azeroth is due to launch on 14th January and it brings some features and changes with it, so let’s see what features and changes to expect in 8.3, Vision of N’zoth.
New Allied Races
Two new Allied Races are added in Patch 8.3, Vulpera for the Horde and Mechagnomes for the Alliance. You can read the full details of their racials.
To unlock Vulpera Allied Race you need to:
- Reach exalted with Voldunai (you can read our guide for a quick way to grind).
- Earn Secrets in the Sands Achievement. To earn this you need to finish all the storylines of Vol’dun.
- Bag of Tricks – Pull your chosen trick from the bag and use it on target enemy or ally. Enemies take 14 damage, while allies are healed for 28.
- Rummage Your Bag – Change the contents of your Bag of Tricks. Now where did you put that…?
- Make a Camp – Make a camp at this location. Can only be used outdoors.
- Return to Camp – Return to your camp.
- Fire Resistance – Reduces Fire damage taken by 1%.
- Nose For Trouble – When you first take damage from an enemy, reduce that damage by 5% of your maximum health.
- Alpaca Saddlebags: Increases the size of your backpack by 8 slots.
To Unlock Mechagnomes Allied Race you need to:
- Reach Exalted with the Rustbolt Resistance.
- Earn The Mechagonian Threat, which requires you to finish all the storylines of Mechagon.
- Combat Analysis – You gather and analyze combat data every 5 sec, increasing your primary stat by 50, stacking up to 8 times. The data decays while out of combat.
- Hyper Organic Light Originator – Summon Organic Light duplicates to distract your foes.
- Mastercraft – You function as a personal Blacksmithing Anvil, Cooking Fire, and Mining Forge. In addition, your limbs include every profession tool.
- Re-Arm – When you fall below 20% health, heal for 20% of your maximum health. This effect cannot occur more than once every 2.5 min.
- Re-Attached – You’ve recently Re-Armed and cannot benefit from it again.
- Skeleton Pinkie – Allows opening of locked chests and doors that require a skill level up to 100.
New Raid: Ny’alotah, the Waking City
Ny’alotah which was expected to be a zone rather than a raid by players is coming in Patch 8.3. In this raid, we will see a lot of familiar faces like Wrathion.
- Ny’alotah, The Waking City has 12 Bosses.
- The item level drops from Ny’alotha are 430 LFR, 445 Normal, 460 Heroic, and 475 Mythic, with the last two bosses dropping better gear.
- N’Zoth, the Corruptor is the last boss of this raid and Expansion.
Legendary Cloak – Ashjra’kamas, Shroud of Resolve
A new Legendary Cloak can be obtained in Patch 8.3. This Legendary Cloak which is obtained from Wrathion Can be upgraded. To upgrade this Cloak you need to do Horrific Visions, a new feature adding in 8.3. Upgrading Ashjra’kamas will increase its item level and power, and also its appearance.
Apart from Upgradeable Legendary Cloak, you can research a talent tree called Titan Research to improve and protect yourself in Horrific Visions.
Horrific Visions are a new feature adding in this patch. It is a 1-5 man content that is meant to be repeatable. Withing these Visions, Corruption will slowly drain your sanity. You can combat this sanity drain by increasing your corruption resistance and protecting yourself to go further each time for more rewards. Doing Horrific Visions helps you upgrade your Legendary Cloak. There are also some cosmetic rewards available.
Titan Assaults are a continuation of Faction Assaults and Legion Assaults, but with major changes. This new feature is a key feature of Patch 8.3 and plays a major role in your progression. These assaults happen in Uldum and Vale of Eternal Blossoms and while these assaults are active, the zones are changed to reflect the assault of Old Gods minions. Vale of Eternal Blossoms has finally returned to the pre-Siege of Orgrimmar era and received a revamp.
Season 4 of Mythic+ and PvP will start with the release of Ny’alotha. This season’s seasonal Affix is Awakened, formally known as Corrupted. This affix is on Keys from +10 and Higher.
Titan Residuum Reset
Yes. However, we’re working on a change to Titan Residuum that will make a noticeable difference. We feel like most players don’t see a meaningful benefit from the ability to save some Residuum for the next season, and for a few players, saving Residuum has come to feel like an unfortunate obligation.
When Season 4 starts, we’re planning to convert the Titan Residuum you currently have into silver. At the same time, we’ll set the drop rates of Titan Residuum and the prices of the items that it buys back to values that are understandable. After that reset, Titan Residuum will work in Season 4 just like it did in Seasons 2 and 3.
And we’ll put that on the Visions of N’Zoth PTR in the coming weeks.
Operation Mechagon – Mythic+ Version
Operation Mechagon is also joining Mythic+ dungeon pools as was promised in 8.2. This dungeon is split into two parts. Outside Mechagon which includes the first four bosses, King Grobbamak, Gunker, Trixie & Naeno, and the HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit. Mechagon City which includes Tussle Tonks, K.U.-J.0., Machinist’s Garden, and King Mechagon.
Corrupted is a new system replacing Titanforging and Warforging coming in Patch 8.3. This system is a kiss/curse one, which means it gives some bonuses but with a cost. The cost of these positive effects is Corruption, and the more you have Corruption, the worse the effects. You can also cleanse the Corrupted effect to remove both the Positive and Negative effects.
Heart of Azeroth Changes
Aside from new Essences, which are quite a few, there is a new Minor Slot adding to the Heart of Azeroth which is unlocked at Level 75. The last trait is also unlocked at level 80.
Essences Reduced Costs
In Visions of N’Zoth, we’re making changes to the acquisition of Essences related to the Rise of Azshara zones. Our goal here is to lessen the effort needed to acquire Essences from Nazjatar and Mechagon for new and returning players as we want players to feel able to focus on content updated in Visions of N’Zoth.
Reputation requirements for Nazjatar and Mechagon vendor-sold Essences have been reduced from Honored/Revered/Exalted for ranks 1/2/3 to Friendly/Honored/Revered.
Acquisition of Rank 4 of these Essences is unchanged.
The follower experience requirements for Ranks 2 and 3 of Memory of Lucid Dreams have been reduced from 3000/6000 to 2400/4800.
Players who are Revered with their respective Nazjatar reputation may now exchange Manapearls for Bind-to-Account reputation tokens.
We expect the addition of account-bound rep tokens for Nazjatar to complement the existing account-bound reputation token that is craftable in Mechagon, providing an option for players who have already unlocked the Rank 3 Essence on their main to speed up their progression towards it on their alts.
The changes above should become testable in a new update to the Visions of N’Zoth PTR in the next couple of weeks.
Auction House Revamp
Auction House is also getting a major revamp to its look and functionality. You no longer need to buy single stacks, nor see them in Auction House. You just enter how many of an item you want to buy and the Auction House will fetch that amount for you.
Selling is also made easier as Blizzard apparently trying to remove the need of Undercutting items to sell faster.