With Patch 8.3 scheduled to go live early 2020, let’s take a look at PTR and see what’s happening there.
We’ve talked about Corruption before, but in short, it is a new system replacing Titanforging and Warforging. It has a kiss/curse effect, giving you a benefit but at a cost.
Corruption had few changes since the start of the PTR,
- Some weapons have strong positive effects and give +25 Corruption. Example:
–Mar’kowa, the Mindpiercer: Your mind’s true potential is unlocked, causing your spells to grant you flashes of insight. Gain between 1% and 8% Intellect at all times.
List of weapons at the end.
- Corruption values are now static :
Tier 1: 10 Corruption
Tier 2: 17 Corruption
Tier 3: 25 Corruption
- New negative effect:
–Cascading Disaster: If you are struck by the Thing From Beyond, you will be immediately afflicted by Grasping Tendrils and Corrupted Zone.
Ashjra’kamas, Shroud of Resolve the new Legendary Cloak added in patch 8.3, now has a new effect besides corruption resistance. Starting from rank 6 of the cloak, a new effect will be added called Draconic Empowerment. This effect has a chance to proc and increase your primary stat by 2.5k.
It was announced that in Shadowlands you can transmog Legendary items without restriction, but it seems it starts from patch 8.3, as you can transmog legendary weapons and armors in PTR. Thanks to Wowhead for researching this, as of now all the legendary item appearances are bind on account. Meaning that once you earn the legendary item on one of your characters, you can transmog on all of your characters, provided they can equip the item.
- Vulpera’s new racial: We’ve talked about Vulpera’s racial abilities once they were announced, but a new racial has been added.
*New* Alpaca Saddlebags: Increases the size of your backpack by 8 slots.
This racial replaces the old racial Vulpera Survival Kit.
*Old* Vulpera Survival Kit: You have a chance to find an additional satchel of goods when you kill a humanoid.
- The Mighty Caravan Brutosaur (known as long boi) is no longer purchasable in Shadowlands.
Like all dinosaurs, the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur’s days are numbered. I can confirm that when Shadowlands goes live, the shady vendors Talutu and Tricky Nick will cease selling it. Their other offerings – the Lost Platysaur pet and the Palehide Direhorn mount, will remain available for purchase.
We will make sure that the unforgettable Brutosaur mount is added to the lists of possible items that are sold in the Black Market Auction Houses. And of course, this new Achievement “Conspicuous Consumption” is a Feat of Strength, so as such things go, it’s not actually very conspicuous.
Corrupted Weapons and Effects
- Vorzz Yoq’al: Gain Void Ritual, giving your spells and abilities a chance to increase all secondary stats by 10 every sec for 20 sec. This chance is increased if at least 2 nearby allies also have Void Ritual.
- Faralos, Empire’s Dream: Your damaging abilities build stacks of Searing Flames. When you reach 30 stacks, exhale a Searing Breath, dealing damage equal to 5% of your health to all targets in front of you.
- Sk’shuul Vaz: Gain Obsidian Skin, increasing your Armor by 5%. Every 100% of your Max Health lost, explode with Obsidian Destruction, dealing Shadow damage equal to 1000% of your Armor to all enemies within 20 yds.
- An’zig Vra: Your autoattacks bite into the target’s soul, dealing 2% of your health in damage and healing you for that amount.
- Whispering Eldritch Bow: Your auto-shots reduce the remaining cooldown of a random Hunter ability by 1.0 sec.
- Mar’kowa, the Mindpiercer: Your mind’s true potential is unlocked, causing your spells to grant you flashes of insight. Gain between 1% and 8% Intellect at all times.
- Eyestalk of Il’gynoth: Your Spells and Abilities have a chance to show you the Ineffable Truth, increasing the rate your cooldowns recover by 20% for 12 sec.