Corruption is a new system added in patch 8.3 that will replace Warforging and Titanforging. According to a Blizzard Official post, Corruption isn’t a permanent addition to World of Warcraft. Let’s get into details of what is this system?
It was announced that Warforging and Titanforging would be replaced by a new system In Patch 8.3: Visions of N’zoth preview. It was revealed in PTR that this system is Corruption, and it has a kiss/curse effect, meaning that it provides a benefit do you, but at a cost.
All items dropped in Patch 8.3, will be Corrupted instead of Titanforged or Warforged, while items Titanforged or Warforged before 8.3, will keep their item level up to 455.
But what are those costs and benefits?
Currently on PTR, And Thanks to WoWhead, these are the benefits that Corruption might provide.
- Your Avoidance is increased by an amount equal to X% of your Haste.
- Increases the amount of Haste you gain from all sources by X%.
- Increases the amount of Mastery you gain from all sources by X%.
- Increases the amount of Critical Strike you gain from all sources by X%.
- Increases the amount of Versatility you gain from all sources by X%.
- X% of total Health Regeneration now continues during Combat.
- Increases your healing received from all sources by X%.
- Increases your Leech by X%.
- Increases the damage you deal with Critical Strikes by X%.
- Reduces your damage taken from periodic effects by X%.
- Your spells and abilities have a chance to grant you a Flash of Clarity, reducing the cooldown of your next 3 spells cast by 2 sec.
When an Item gets Corrupted from any source, there are 3 tiers of Corruption that the Item might fall into, each tier increases the benefit but also have more corruption on them.
Let’s take look at the debuffs that this System has:
- Grasping Tendrils :
Taking damage has a chance to slow your movement speed for 5 sec. The magnitude of the slow increases with further corruption.
- Corrupted Zone :
Your spells and abilities have a chance to create a corrupted zone at your location for 8 sec, dealing Shadow damage to you every 2 sec. The size and damage of the corrupted zone increase with higher Corruption.
- Grand Delusions :
Taking damage has a chance to summon a Thing From Beyond, which pursues you for 10 seconds, its speed increases with further corruption.
- Creeping Death :
Damage taken increased by X% and healing taken reduced by X%.
The amount of Corruption for each tier was like this :
- Tier 1: 5 – 10 Corruption
- Tier 2 : 12 – 17 Corruption
- Tier 3: 20 – 25 Corruption
Although Ion Hazzikostas confirmed that the amount of Corruption for each tier will be static after a new update.
Based on the Official post by Blizzard, you can negate some of these negative effects by wearing the legendary cloak available in Patch 8.3, or you can completely purify these effects (it will remove both positive and negative effects) with no restrictions.